Spring & Summer Safety
Now that the weather is becoming nicer and we get outdoors again, it's time to remember the following safety tips:
When Doing Yard Work:
- Never operate a lawn mower in your bare feet.
- Never start a mower indoors.
- Never leave your lawn mower unattended.
- Don't use electrical mowers on wet grass.
- Always were eye protection when operating power tools.
- Make sure tools are in the "off" position before you plug them in.
- Unplug all tools when not in use.
When Cooking on the Barbecue:
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never barbecue indoors.
- Keep children and pets far away from the grill.
- With charcoal grills, only use charcoal starter fluids designed for bargecue grills and do not add fluid after the coals have been lit.
- With gas grills, be sure that the hose connection is tight and check hoses carefully for leaks.
When Using a Ladder:
- Inspect the ladder before using it to make sure thre are no loose or broken rungs.
- Never stand on a ladder's bucket shelf.
- Extension ladders should not be placed at an angle that is too extreme.
- Avoid using a metal ladder near electrical sources.